1-2-1 Coaching and training plans
Why choose Michael Guilford for 1-2-1 coaching?
Michael is a qualified British Cycling Level 3 coach, with 100s of hrs of relevant coaching and bike racing experience. If you are looking for a personalised and authentic coach, then Michael is the right person to help.
Michael uses his own unique coaching method ‘The Progressive Groundwork Model’. This model is based on the principal that building good foundations leads to results. A key part of the method is the forming of ‘Benchmark Blocks‘. These encompass carefully selected goals for training and racing, spanning: motivation, psychology, physiology and tactics. With this method and Michael’s coaching skills you will see measureable progress in your cycling.
Read more Michael Guilford
Whats the coaching process?
- Initial consultation- the aim of this is to build a rider profile and event demands profile
- Design Benchmark Blocks- Each benchmark block is built around the rider’s core motivation & purpose and are targeted at one or two key event demands
- Training guidance- training and preparation interventions are coached over a specific period, always guided by one benchmark block
- Training Evaluation- progress is evaluated with respect to the benchmark block. The information gleaned from evaluation is fed back into the the design of the next benchmark block.
- Weekly training prescrition of training to fit around your schedule.
- weekly training plan via Training Peaks or Email
weekly training feedback
- Analysis of data
- Regular monitoring of objectives
- Unlimited coach contact via email/phone
- Changes made to plan as required
Why not give us a call?