The aim of my library is to present some useful, interesting and unique insights, into cycling and coaching in my blog articles delve into topics such as:
- Physiological/Tactical demands which apply to most competitive cyclists. How to identify and train for them, for any cycling discipline
- Detailed event demands for MTB XC, DH & Enduro & road/circuit racing
- Developing higher level tactics and psychology
- Strength & Coordination training
I also discuss coaching specific topics such as:
- Behaviour, emotional intelligence & psychology
- Progressive development of performance, through goal setting & evaluation
- How the mental/psychology/neurology is connected with physiology.
- Purposeful practice in cycling
- Tools for coaching endurance cycling
The information in these articles is based on my own cycling experience, coaching reflections, and reading of research papers and books (see My Bookshelf)
I have categorised the articles based on separate hierarchies for riders & coaches. Click on ‘Core, Level 1, 2 & 3’ to see what topics are covered in each. Click on the levels on the sidebar on the left to see relevant articles.
Athletes / Cyclists
Get in touch!
My blog is all about gaining insight on performance and learning, in a forward-thinking way. So if you have a different viewpoint, or want to discuss the topic, find me on Twitter @rideaboutuk