Junior Technical Descending Course
Designed for 11-18 year olds, this course focuses on technical descending.
- Core techniques – braking, cornering and weight shift
- Technical descending – progressing onto steeper trails, with technical features such as rock gardens and drops
Things to consider
The trails we will be riding will be natural trails steeper than most red graded trails and I will select trails of a suitable difficulty for the riders on the course. However, you must be confident riding red graded trails, have some experience of riding rocky natural trails and/or have taken part in a coaching session with me.
For 11-18 year olds. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
What to bring to your coaching session
- A mountain bike in full working order
- Helmet and gloves
- Other protective clothing or equipment that you would normally use for a MTB ride. Knee pads are recommended.
- Flat pedals/shoes are strongly recommended (rather than clipless pedals)
- A completed rider information and consent form. Follow the link at checkout
Clothing in February
Please wear suitable clothing for winter conditions. This is not a continuous ride, so long sleeves, warm layers and a waterproof jacket are essential. I can carry your extra layers.
Location and meeting point
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods. Meet at the Grenoside Woods car park, S35 8RS: https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
3 hours, 9.30am to 12.30pm
Is this a gift?
If you’re buying this as a gift, just add a gift voucher worth £0 to your basket. Download the printable PDF voucher or request a copy to be posted.
Terms and conditions for booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/