Training for MTB Enduro, Downhill and Cross Country
Discipline-specific training programmes help mountain bikers improve their fitness, develop technical and tactical skills, and achieve results.
I don’t use ‘off the shelf’ training plans. And this is not just training for fitness. Technical training is absolutely key to help riders achieve peak performance.
I don’t use off the shelf training plans and this is not just training for fitness. Technical training is absolutely key to achieve peak performance in these disciplines.
Your tailored training plan
- Effective: maximise your time to be a stronger and more resilient rider
- Goals: set progressive, meaningful objectives and see the results
- Fitness: develop the aerobic and muscular fitness to race at the intensity that cyclocross demands
- Skills: hone the discipline-specific technical skills through your training
- Tactics: build tactical awareness to exploit your strengths in races
- Bike: optimise the set up of your bike and other equipment for consistent high performance
- Strength and conditioning: use cycling-specific strength plans to build power and endurance, and to avoid injury
- Recovery: balance the physiological stress of training with sleep, wellness and wellbeing
- Nutrition: choose the right nutrition to fuel and optimise your body composition
Strength and conditioning
Strength plans are included in all packages. Riders are required to take part in a face-to-face strength training session - this is to check your technique and ensure you’re approaching the plan safely. This can be carried out by me or by another fitness professional.
- Consultation: discuss goals, fitness levels, performance and current training challenges
- Benchmarking: establish a baseline for your current performance and set meaningful objectives
- Individualised training: coaching is delivered using Training Peaks, alongside face-to-face coaching and virtual support.
- Evaluation and results: monitor progress according to your objectives, informing training and technical/tactical guidance.
My racing credentials
I have multi-disciplinary race experience which I bring to life through coaching. Read more about my race experience and results.