Get to grips with the key techniques that underpin a wide range of mountain bike skills, from descending, to drops and jumps.
- Weight shift and position: learn how to adapt your body position and contact points to negotiate trail features
- Spatial awareness: discover how to read the trail ahead of you and how your bike and body will move through it
- Braking and grip: learn the key skills to master descending
- Pedalling and gearing
- Bike setup: suspension, tyre pressure, bike fit
Things to consider
This session is suitable for mountain bikers at all levels. You must be a confident rider on flat paths, bridleways and blue graded trails.
It’s a great starting point for beginners who are looking to develop some basic skills, or more experienced riders looking to perfect techniques.
This course is suitable for adults and children over 11 years old. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
What to bring to your coaching session
- A mountain bike in full working order
- Helmet and gloves
- Other protective clothing or equipment that you would normally use for a MTB ride. Knee pads are recommended.
- Flat pedals/shoes are strongly recommended (rather than clipless pedals)
- Suitable warm clothing. The locations can be exposed and you’re not riding continuously
- A completed rider information and consent form. Follow the link at checkout
Location and meeting point
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods. Meet at the Grenoside Woods car park, S35 8RS: https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
6 hours, 9.30am to 3.30pm*
*If there are three or less riders, the session will finish at 1pm. With fewer riders, individual attention and coaching is covered more quickly.
Is this a gift?
If you’re buying this as a gift, just add a gift voucher worth £0 to your basket. Download the printable PDF voucher or request a copy to be posted.
Terms and conditions for booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/