Enduro Race Skills
This course covers all key elements to prepare you for an enduro race.
Over and above riding as a hobby, enduro racing requires careful preparation and a performance mindset. I’ve raced bikes extensively over the last 15 years. And coached competitive riders at all levels. I will use my race experience to help you get the most out of your races.
This course is designed for those who are new to enduro racing and those who’ve raced before.
The technical coaching in the course will be focused on riding confidently in a race scenario, rather than honing in on specific techniques.
Preparing you – skills, fitness and mental training
- Learn how to find your flow under the pressure of the clock
- Trail practice. We’ll ride trails at a range of levels, from easier trails, progressing to a similar difficulty to the National Enduro Series.
- Identify techniques which require improvement
- Reading and learning trails quickly with minimal practice
- Guidance around fitness training including on & off the bike activities
- Race scenario situations to replicate the pressure of racing, including timed laps on unfamiliar trails
- Creative approach to skills acquisition
- Logistics of racing
- Equipment and bike preparation – including a pre-race bike check.
- Looking after yourself – nutrition, sleep, mental preparation
Practice and race day
- Warm ups for racing
- Making the most of practice time – learning the trail, identifying lines
- Positive mindset under pressure
Things to consider
You must be able to ride black graded trails, even if you can’t ride all the A-lines. You also need to have a reasonable amount of experience riding natural trails outside of trail centres.
It’s strongly recommended that you have undertaken other coaching before this course (with myself or another coach).
What to bring to your coaching session
- A mountain bike in full working order
- Helmet, gloves and knee pads &/or long trousers
- Suitable warm clothing. The locations can be exposed and you’re not riding continuously
- A completed rider information and consent form. Follow the link at checkout
- Everything else you’d carry for an enduro including tools & spares
- Tools to carry out a pre-race check. Including hex & torx keys as appropriate for your bike. We will do this in the car park. If you are riding to the session I will have some you can borrow.
Location and meeting point
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods. Meet at the Grenoside Woods car park, S35 8RS: https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
6 hours, 9.30am to 3.30pm.
We will take a short break for lunch.
Is this a gift?
If you’re buying this as a gift, just add a gift voucher worth £0 to your basket. Download the printable PDF voucher or request a copy to be posted.
Terms and conditions for booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/