Junior Jumping & Flow Course
Designed for 11-18 year olds, this course focuses on the key skills and techniques to ride manmade flow trails with jumps and berms.
- Pumping: Learn how to pump to gain more speed on trails and master your jumping technique
- Soaking and squashing: Learn how to manage speed and grip
- Jumping: Build on the core movement skills of jumping, managing momentum to clear jumps
- Berms: Develop cornering skills to carry more speed through berms
Things to consider
The trails we will be riding will be natural trails steeper than most red graded trails and I will select trails of a suitable difficulty for the riders on the course. However, you must be confident riding red graded trails, have some experience of riding rocky natural trails and/or have taken part in a coaching session with me.
For 11-18 year olds. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
What to bring to your coaching session
- A mountain bike in full working order
- Helmet and gloves
- Other protective clothing or equipment that you would normally use for a MTB ride. Knee pads are recommended.
- Flat pedals/shoes are required
- A completed rider information and consent form. Follow the link at checkout
Please wear suitable clothing for the weather conditions. This is not a continuous ride, so long sleeves, warm layers and a waterproof jacket are essential. I can carry your extra layers.
Location and meeting point
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods. Meet at the Grenoside Woods car park, S35 8RS: https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
Minimum Booking Numbers
I need a minimum of 3 booked on this course to be able to run it. If I am unable to run the course for this reason I can offer a refund or a place on a different date.
3 hours, 1pm to 4pm
Is this a gift?
If you’re buying this as a gift, just add a gift voucher worth £0 to your basket. Download the printable PDF voucher or request a copy to be posted.
Terms and conditions for booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/