Junior Descending & Race Skills Course
Designed for 11-18 year olds, this course focuses on technical descending & race skills.
- Technical descending – progressing onto steeper trails, with technical features such as rock gardens and drops
- Race skills for downhill & enduro racing:
- learning race tracks for better line choice & visualisation.
- honing techniques for efficiency, speed & flow
- cornering & jumping at higher speeds
- fitness & speed for racing.
Things to consider
The trails we will be riding will be natural trails steeper than most red graded trails and I will select trails of a suitable difficulty for the riders on the course. However, you must be confident riding red graded trails, have some experience of riding rocky natural trails and/or have taken part in a coaching session with me before.
For 11-18 year olds.
What to bring to your coaching session
- A mountain bike in full working order
- Helmet and gloves
- Other protective clothing or equipment that you would normally use for a MTB ride. Knee pads are recommended.
- Flat pedals/shoes are strongly recommended (rather than clipless pedals)
- A completed rider information and consent form. Follow the link at checkout
- A drink & snack
Please wear suitable clothing for the weather conditions. This is not a continuous ride, so long sleeves, warm layers and a waterproof jacket are essential.
Location and meeting point
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods. Meet at the Grenoside Woods car park, S35 8RS: https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
3 hours, 9.30am to 12.30pm
Is this a gift?
If you’re buying this as a gift, just add a gift voucher worth £0 to your basket. Download the printable PDF voucher or request a copy to be posted.
Terms and conditions for booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/