Technical Descending Course
Technical Descending Course – 1 Day
Descending at speed with confidence is what we all want to do, but it takes progressive work to get there. Using techniques learnt in other courses, we will develop context specific skills such as:
- Control with limited grip
- Flowing through rough terrain and rock features
- Drops and jumps
- Discipline specific tactics (Cross Country, Downhill, Enduro)
- Very steep trail features
You should be comfortable negotiating a range of different black graded trails safely, even if you cant ride all the A-lines.Whilst we will never push you to take risks you are not comfortable with, this course will involve riding technical steep trails which are harder than many black graded trail-centre trails. Its highly recommended you complete the Core Techniques Course, the Whistlestop Skills Course or a 1.5hr Private Session before signing up for this course. Alternatively, if you are already racing enduro, downhill, or riding trails at this level, please contact us before signing up.
14 year olds upwards. Under 16s must be accompanied to the session by an adult guardian.
What do you need for the course?
- Mountain bike in full working order.
- Helmet and gloves are mandatory.
- Pads/Body armour are not mandatory, but we recommend you use the safety equipment you would normally use for riding the most demanding terrain.
- Suitable clothing and a jacket- the coaching locations can be exposed and you wont be riding continuosly.
- To have completed a rider information/consent form (a link will be given after payment)
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods meet at the Grenoside Woods Car Park postcode S35 8RS https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
9.30am to 3.30pm
Terms & Conditions for Booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/