Pumping, Jumping and Berms Course
These techniques are key to flowing through trails. In particular, man-made style trail centre tracks.
- Pumping & Soaking Up Jumps- Speed gain on trails is often achieved by pumping which is also is key to learning to jump. Whilst soaking (or squashing) a jump keeps the wheels connected with the ground whilst maintaining speed.
- Jumping – Building on the movement skills of bunny hopping and pumping, you will learn to use your momentum to clear jumps.
- Berms – by putting together cornering skills and pumping, you will learn to carry more speed through berms.
Its recommended you complete the in-Depth Core Techniques Course, the Whistlestop Skills Course or a 1.5hr Private Session before signing up for this course. Although not obligatory, it will ensure that you get the most out of this course.
You must be a confident at riding red graded trails, and physically fit to ride for a day.
11 year olds upwards. Under 16s must be accompanied to the session by an adult guardian.
What do you need for the course?
- Mountain bike in full working order.
- Helmet and gloves are mandatory.
- Flat pedals/shoes are essential.
- Suitable clothing and a jacket- the coaching locations can be exposed and you wont be riding continuosly.
- To have completed a rider information/consent form (a link will be given after payment)
Bolehills BMX Track. Meet on Bolehill Rd S10 1QH. https://g.page/bolehills?share
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods meet at the Grenoside Woods Car Park postcode S35 8RS https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
Parkwood Springs MTB Trail. Meet at the main entrance to Shirecliffe Road, S5 8XB https://goo.gl/maps/MvEcnPDCgJREGPda6 Please Note The car park at parkwood springs is closed, so please allow time to park elsewhere and ride to the meeting location
9.30am to 3.30pm
If there are only 1-2 riders booked on the course then the duration will be reduced to 3.5hrs, and the timing will be 9.30am to 1pm. This is because the course content can be covered much more quickly.
Terms & Conditions for Booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/