Pumping, Jumping and Berms Course
These techniques are key to flowing through trails. In particular, man-made style trail centre tracks.
- Pumping – Speed gain on trails is mostly achieved by pumping, this is key to learning to jump.
- Jumping – Build on the movement skills of bunny hopping, to using your momentum to clear jumps.
- Berms – by putting together cornering skills and pumping, you will learn to carry more speed through berms.
Its recommended you complete the in-Depth Core Techniques Course, the Whistlestop Skills Course or a 1.5hr Private Session before signing up for this course. This will ensure that you get the most out of this course.
You must be a confident at riding red graded trails, and physically fit to ride for a day.
11 year olds upwards. Under 16s must be accompanied to the session by an adult guardian.
What do you need for the course?
- Mountain bike in full working order.
- Helmet and gloves are mandatory.
- Flat pedals/shoes are essential.
- Suitable clothing and a jacket- the coaching locations can be exposed and you wont be riding continuosly.
- To have completed a rider information/consent form (a link will be given after payment)
Bolehills BMX Track. Meet on Bolehill Rd S10 1QH. https://g.page/bolehills?share
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods meet at the Grenoside Woods Car Park postcode S35 8RS https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
Parkwood Springs MTB Trail. Meet at the main entrance to Shirecliffe Road, S5 8XB https://goo.gl/maps/MvEcnPDCgJREGPda6 Please Note The car park at parkwood springs is closed, so please allow time to park elsewhere and ride to the meeting location
9.30am to 3.30pm
Terms & Conditions for Booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/