Pumping, Jumping and Berms Course
These techniques are all about controlling your contact with the ground, and are key to flowing through the trails.
- Pumping – Speed gain on trails can be achieved by pumping, this is a key movement in learning to jump.
- Jumping – jump natural and man made jumps. Building on the movement skills of manuals and bunny hopping on the flat, to using your momentum to clear jumps.
- Berms – by putting together cornering skills and pumping, you will learn to pump berms. This technique doesnt just apply to berms, but the movment also applies to roosting turns or scrubbing jumps.
Its recommended you complete the in-Depth Core Techniques Course, the Whistlestop Skills Course or a 1.5hr Private Session before signing up for this course. This will ensure that you get the most out of this course.
You must be a confident at riding red graded trails, and physically fit to ride for a day.
11 year olds upwards. Under 16s must be accompanied to the session by an adult guardian.
What do you need for the course?
- Mountain bike in full working order.
- Helmet and gloves are mandatory.
- Flat pedals/shoes are essential.
- Suitable clothing and a jacket- the coaching locations can be exposed and you wont be riding continuosly.
- To have completed a rider information/consent form (a link will be given after payment)
Bolehills BMX Track. Meet on Bolehill Rd S10 1QH. https://g.page/bolehills?share
Greno Woods MTB trails & Wharncliffe Woods meet at the Grenoside Woods Car Park postcode S35 8RS https://goo.gl/maps/jPxu2hmGRY3Vynz77
Parkwood Springs MTB Trail. Meet at the main entrance to Shirecliffe Road, S5 8XB https://goo.gl/maps/MvEcnPDCgJREGPda6 Please Note The car park at parkwood springs is closed, so please allow time to park elsewhere and ride to the meeting location
9.30am to 3.30pm
Terms & Conditions for Booking: https://rideabout.co/terms-conditions/